Wednesday, November 18, 2009

New Webpage Directory of Traditional Tibetan Medicine Doctors and Centers




I wanted to share a little project I have been working on. It is an idea that spontaneously arose out of my doodles on my new macbook pro. iWeb 09 is a super easy interface to build simple, but nice looking webpages.

This idea started with me exploring the capabilities of iWeb 09 by building myself a personal webpage presenting my practice as a Doctor of Traditional Tibetan Medicine. I hadn't even reserved a domain yet. I started plugging away and seriously, in a couple hours I had my own website live. You can check it out here : www.tibetanhealingarts.com/matt

Since it was so easy I decided I should also make a site for the Shang Shung Tibetan Healing Center that I work for in Northampton, MA. A website for the healing center has been a much needed resource that we had been putting off creating up until that moment. You can see it here : www.tibetanhealingarts.com/shangshung

Well, what I came to realize is that when you host on Mobile Me, you can really only use one domain name. Because of that, the idea came to me that I could use www.tibetanhealingarts.com as a hub for all of the Doctors of Traditional Tibetan Medicine that are up and coming out of the Shang Shung Institute School of Tibetan Medicine as well as for those we have all been so fortunate to study with. I like it when limitations become useful!

Some of us already had built sites so www.tibetanhealingarts.com evolved before my very eyes into a directory with the capability to integrate websites for those of us who didn't already have our own as well as the capability to link to preexisting sites. So that is what you will find there now. In the coming weeks I will be continuing to build personal sites for those of my classmates who would like them and I will also be linking webpages of pre-existing practitioners that we are in collaboration with.

I hope this resource will come in handy for those of you interested in benefitting from Tibetan Medicine that want to locate a practitioner near to you. As it develops and as more people graduate from the school there will be people listed in more areas. As you can see, many of us are concentrated in the Western Massachusetts area since we just finished up school.  In the meantime, feel free to post any comments and suggestions regarding this project. I would love to hear any feedback you may have.

No comments: